Credits

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Nutritional Value Of Raw Milk

You will not hear anything from the stream media about traditional food having healing properties. Few people are aware the clean, raw milk from grass-feed cows was actually used as a medicine in the early part of the last century. Milk straight from the udder, a sort of stem cell of foods, was used as medicine to treat ans frequently cure some serious chronic diseases.

Clean raw milk from pastured cows is a complete and properly balanced food. You could live on it exclusively if you had to. Published accounts exist of people who have done just that. Look it up. Let's look at the ingredients to see what makes it such a powerful food.

Proteins
Raw cow's milk has all 20 of the standard amino acids, saving our bodies the work of having to convert any into usable form. About 80% of the proteins in milk are caseins - reasonably heat stable but easy to digest. The remaining 20% or so fall into the glass of whey proteins. It is easy to digest, but very heat sensitive (that is why pasteurization is bad), these include key enzymes (specialized proteins) and enzymes inhibitors, immunoglubins (antibodies), metalbinding proteins, vitamin binding proteins and several growth factors. You will not get them when drinking pasteurized and homogenized milk.

Lactoferrin, an iron-binding protein has numerous beneficial properties including improved absorption and assimilation of iron, anti-cancer properties and anti-microbial action against species of bacteria responsible for dental cavities. Recent studies also reveal that it has powerful antiviral properties as well.

Raw milk also contains fat (the good one), carbohydrates, enzymes, vitamins, minerals, milk sugar (lactose), and acids. Please support raw milk consumption. If you live in Northeast PA let me know. Just make sure you like it and believe that drinking raw milk is good for you, because I don't want to loss my raw milk supplier.

Images Credit: http://www.realmilk.com/

0 comments: