Credits

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Chlorine in Water

Everything Has A Reason
I still remember when I am still living with my parents. Every time someone goes to the city for studies or work they all came back with much lighter skin. They love lighter skin from where I came from. I am blessed enough to have it and growing-up is not easy.

I am so glad that we don't have to use city water where I am now. We used to however, our house does not connect to the city water and in addition we are far from the city. We have our own water fresh from the ground. There is no chlorine or fluoride added however, we use a lot of filter to clean our water.

We all know that city water has chemicals including chlorine and fluoride. And taking your every day shower with this water will harm your skin. Most of us use it around the house like cooking and drinking. Don't be surprise that later on you catch something you can't explain. I know they tell you that those chemicals are within the reasonable amount for human consumption. Don't believe it, buy your own filter and filter your water.

Consider these facts about the danger of chlorine exposure -- and remember chlorine is just ONE of the chemicals in your water right now:

On average, you consume between 1-2 gallons of water a day, but on average you expose yourself to 25 gallons of water when you shower. The U.S. Council of Environmental Quality reports that cancer risks for people who drink chlorinated water are 93% higher than people who don’t.

Even if your skin repels 75% of all chemicals and toxins in the water, that still leaves 25% of chemicals that make their way through your semi-permeable skin and into your body. That means one 15-minute shower is the equivalent of drinking 8 glasses of polluted water.

But, it gets worse…

When you take a hot shower, toxic chemicals are liberated from the water and released as gasses, including chloroform (50% more released) and trichloroethylene (TCE) (80% more released) -- both known carcinogens

However, if you don't care, it's your health not mine. I'm just putting this information out for those health conscious like myself. This is most important for those women who are in the family way or thinking about having kids in the future.

0 comments: