crayons in different colors
hole puncher or pencil
string or yarn
Today your child/ren will make a beautiful window ornament. Here’s what they can do and have fun:
- Put a piece of wax paper on several sheets of newspaper.
- Use a pencil sharpener to make a small pile of crayon shavings in several colors.
- Sprinkle the shavings on the wax paper.
- Now have your child/ren observe as you cover the shavings with another sheet of wax paper and use a warm iron to melt the colors together. To protect your iron, please place a piece of foil between the wax paper and iron surface. (The heat should also melt the two pieces of wax paper together.) Use a towel between the foil and the iron if the heat is too hot.
- Let the sun-catcher cool.
- Trim the edges to make a shape he likes.
- Punch a hole at the top and hang it in a window.